Print this message

Topic Title A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor

Date Posted: 07/11/2009 03:30 PM
Posted By: JJ88 (Junior Member)

Hi, I'm having a very similar problem too. I'm using the AMD Phenom 9600 B2 at 2.3ghz, Asus M2N68-CM motherboard, 8GB Corsair XMS2 PC6400 RAM, OCZ Stealth Extreme 500w PSU and an Asus Nvidia Geforce 8500GT GPU. I get the clock interrupt BSOD on rare and random occasions. My main problem is it crashes now and then. Sometimes it wont crash for about 3 - 5 days and even more, it does it at such random times. Another thing is that on Windows 7 x64 i got lots of error messages in the event log such as:

WHEA 20
Component: AMD Northbridge
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Sync Error
Processor ID: 0

WHEA 18

A fatal hardware error has occured.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Type: Unknown Error
Processor ID: 1

WHEA 18

Error Type: Translation Lookaside Buffer Error
Processor ID: 3

This was from Windows 7 64bit. I also got another WHEA 18 event which was an "internal unclassified error" which was under a machine check exception aswell as some bus interconnect errors etc. I've only built this machine 5 weeks ago so it's new. I checked all the temps and they seem to idle fine - CPU at 41c, motherboard 31c, gpu 40c, mcp: 44c, hdd: 30c. I've also done alot of prime 95 tests for 2 hours each time and they all seem to pass which is odd. I've also used memtest86 to test my RAM and it passed. Anyway I installed Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit with SP2 and I now only get WHEA 19 events and they are always warnings, not errors. Here are the ones I get with Vista 64:

WHEA 19

Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor ID Valid: Yes
Processor ID: 0x3
Bank Number: 0
Transaction Type: Data
Processor Participation: N/A
Request Type: Evict
Memory/Io: N/A
Memory Hierarchy Level: Level 1
Timeout: N/A

WHEA 19

Error Type: Internal Unclassified Error

Processor ID: 0x1
Bank Number: 2
Transaction Type: N/A
Request Type: N/A
Memory Hierarchy Level: N/A

Another random one:

Error Type: Unknown Error

Processor ID: 0x2
Bank Number: 1
Transaction Type: N/A
Request Type: N/A
Memory Hierarchy Level: N/A

I get system lock ups on rare occasions where it just crashes and you cant move the mouse or keyboard but you can see everything on the screen forcing me to reset it. I've been trying so many things like underclocking, enabling the tlb fix or disabling it and no luck. If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I just thought i'd add another experience of this CPU too. I'm just wondering if all these logs are related to this 3rd core problem or the tlb errata itself.